Help yourself!

Report local problems directly to the people who can fix them

The Clerk is happy to report problems for you, but she is very busy, and will not always have time to act quickly. Here are some useful numbers and web sites that help you to report problems you notice:

  • Devon Highways: for any problems with the roads, call 0345 155 1004
    (Weekdays 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-1pm)
    For emergencies outside of these hours, please phone 01392 383329
    (Highway Operations Control Centre)
  • Report potholes, overgrown verges, blocked drains etc. online by going to, and clicking the “Report it” button at the bottom right – that gives you a list of things you can report online. If you want the Clerk to follow this up later, you need to let her have the web reference number you’ll be given.
  • Report missed rubbish collections, fly tipping, damaged street furniture, abandoned dogs or cars, noise or other pollution – and much more, on the EDDC web site.
  • Report water leaks on the road to Southwest Water. To report a leak please call 0800 230 0561, or follow the instructions on this page to report a leak online.
  • Report incidents of pollution (e.g. foul run-off from fields) to the Environment Agency’s 24 hour hotline on 0800 807060. It helps if you can take a photo and email it to the Clerk too.
  • Report problems with footpaths to Devon PROW by emailing or contact Cllr Turner for advice.

More links to other sites where you can find out about problems are given on the Links page.