Who does what

Here are some of the commoner requests for assistance from the Parish Council. The Clerk and Councillors are always willing to help if they can, but you may save a phone call if you can get through to the right person first time.

Parish Council East Devon District Council Devon County Council
07413 947 067 Emergency 01297 445847 01395 571500 0845 155 1015
you are here! www.eastdevon.gov.uk www.devon.gov.uk
District Councillor: Mr Ian Thomas, tel. 07884 494 474 County Councillor: Mr Ian Lloyd Hall, tel. 07917 416021
  • Footpaths
  • Cemetery
  • Playground
  • War Memorial
  • Stafford Mount
  • >Bus shelters
  • Noticeboard
  • Emergency assistance (sandbags etc.)
  • Planning applications
  • Waste collection (domestic, public bins in the village)
  • Housing (via Devon Home Choice)
  • Licensing
  • Elections
  • Environmental health (bonfires, noise, roadkill, flytipping, pollution etc.)
  • Tree preservation
  • Standards in public office
  • Highways (inc. potholes, drains, ditches, cutting verges, gritting, road signs)
  • Knotweed
  • Bus stops
  • Street lighting
  • Schools and education
  • Registration of births marriages & deaths
  • Libraries
  • Care Direct

The Environment Agency deals with the River Lim as far upstream as the bridge by the Talbot Arms, whereas EDDC deals with its tributaries in the parish. Water, gas and electricity are dealt with by the respective distribution companies – see the ‘phone book for up-to-date contact details, or have a look at the Links page.

You can also read a summary of what Councillors do and what the Clerk does.