Following a recent resignation, there is a vacancy on the Council which will be filled by co-option, since an election was not called. Are you interested in helping to shape the future of your village, or is there a burning issue that you think you could help to sort out?
If you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible, so that the necessary procedures can be put in place for selection. Write to or email the Clerk with a short summary of why you are interested, and any special experience or qualities you can bring to the Council.
You will be expected to attend the monthly council meetings (second Wednesday of the month at 7.15), and must be willing to engage with parishioners if they need help or advice. Qualifications for being a councillor are as follows:
- British, Commonwealth or EU citizen
- 18 years old at time of nomination
- for previous year:
- registered elector of parish and owned or occupied property in the parish, or
- resided within 3 miles of the parish boundary, or
- had your main or only place of work in the parish